Member Service Representative – Full Time Term Position
Reporting to the Member Service Supervisor, this position provides members with a variety of services related to the promotion and sales of cash and non-cash related deposits. This position will respond to member and potential member inquiries, analyze needs, and assist members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs in a courteous and accurate manner. The position is to fill a minimum 8 month term.
• Academic minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent
• Ability to handle basic math concepts
• Effective listening and telephone skills
• Enjoys working with people and contributing to the team
• Embraces the challenges of a transforming work environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and oral)
• Creative, innovative, motivated, self-starter
• Attentive to details, organization skills, and effective time-management skills
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft office and technologically proficient
• Experience using digital tools and apps such as online banking and smartphones
• Sales experience and a background of exceptional customer service and cash handling are beneficial
The Credit Union
Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited is a full-service financial institution with branches in Bruno and Prud’homme.
Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited offers competitive wages and benefits. Compensation will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application deadline is June 14th, 2021.
Submit your resume to: Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited Attention: Susan Corbett PO Box 158, Bruno, SK S0K 0S0 Phone: 306 369-2901 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
CEBA Pre-Screening Tool
The Government of Canada has developed an optional CEBA Pre-Screen Tool to help businesses determine their likelihood of qualifying for a CEBA loan. The Pre-Screen Tool is not a CEBA application and is solely intended to provide a non-binding indication of eligibility to help you make your decision of whether to apply for CEBA and if you need to open a business chequing or operating account to be able to apply for CEBA if you do not have one.
For more details on the CEBA Pre-Screen Tool, please visit https://verify-verifier.ceba-cuec.ca. You must use this site on Edge or Google Chrome. It does not work if you are using Internet Explorer.
If you have questions regarding your CEBA application, you can call the Bruno Credit Union at 306-369-2901 or the government has provided a CEBA Call Centre.
The number for the CEBA Call Centre is 1-888-324-4201. They are open Monday to Friday from 10 am to 9 pm EST.
Ongoing Changes due to Covid-19…
Hours will be:
Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm (Closed 12 pm to 1 pm)
For the safety of our members and our staff we will have some restrictions in place as follows:
- Masks are now permitted when coming into our branches.
- No more than 2 people will be allowed in the branch at one time. Please respect Social/Physical distancing while in the branch.
- We would ask all people to sanitize their hands when entering.
- If you are feeling ill, or currently or recently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 we respectively ask that you do not enter the building.
- We encourage people to continue to use remote access whenever possible – ATM, Night Deposit, website/mobile banking, telephone, mail etc. to limit in-branch traffic.
- To schedule an appointment for loans, account opening, or to access your Safety Deposit Box please contact our office in advance of coming in.
Thank you for your continued support, understanding and co-operation as we work through these difficult times together.
Applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
Sign up for direct deposit now to ensure your benefit payments arrive sooner!
We can help you sign up for direct deposit or update your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). We encourage you to use direct deposit to avoid any delays and receive your payments faster. You can receive these CRA payments through direct deposit:
- income tax refund
- Canada child benefit
- goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- Canada workers benefit
- related provincial and territorial payments
- the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit
Direct Deposit through a Financial Institution
- The Government of Canada has partnered with Canadian financial institutions, including Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited to offer Canada Revenue Canada (CRA) direct deposit enrolment online through our website.
- You can now sign up for CRA direct deposit or change your account information via our website www.brunocu.com.
- Once you provide consent through Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited for your banking information to be shared with the CRA, your direct deposit information will be updated the following day.
- If you aren’t already registered for the CRA’s digital services, signing up for direct deposit or changing your account information through us is easy and secure!
- Canadian taxpayers are eligible for the direct deposit enrolment service. If an individual has never filed a tax return with the CRA, they are not eligible to sign up for the CRA direct deposit service through their financial institution.
- The direct deposit service is strictly for individuals using their SIN to register. The CRA has confirmed that the Canada Emergency Response Benefit only supports SIN-based payouts and are not applicable to loans currently being provided for small businesses with a Business Number.
- Small businesses with a Business Number will be able to update their Direct Deposit information through their CRA business portal. Payments Canada will circulate CRA’s link to ‘my business’ account where business can sign up.
- You can verify that a payment has been received by checking your banking statement on the account you used to sign up for direct deposit. Your payment amount will be deposited directly into the account.
- You can also confirm that the payment was sent by the CRA by logging into CRA’s My Account.
- Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited or the CRA will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided.
- Direct deposit helps reduce the risk of mail fraud and delays caused by a postal disruption.In light of the COVID-19 crisis and the introduction of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) wants to make it easier for Canadians to sign up for its direct deposit service or change their existing account information by creating an enrolment process that can be accessed through financial institutions.We can now offer this enrolment service to you, giving you the ability to simply and securely transmit your direct deposit enrolment information to the CRA when you log onto our online banking. You will then be able to receive the following CRA payments through direct deposit: the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit, income tax refund, Canada child benefit, goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, Canada workers benefit and related provincial and territorial payments.
Frequently asked Questions & Answers
Q1: What is a direct deposit payment?
Direct deposit is a secure electronic transfer of funds deposited directly into your account at the Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited. Direct deposit replaces the need to issue payments by paper cheque.
Q2: Who is eligible to enroll in the direct deposit service through financial institutions?
Canadian taxpayers. If an individual has never filed a tax return with the CRA, they are not eligible to sign up for the CRA direct deposit service through their financial institution.
Q3: Why is direct deposit enrolment only available to individuals and not businesses?
The direct deposit service is strictly for individuals using their SIN to register.
The CRA has confirmed that the Canada Emergency Response Benefit only supports SIN-based payouts and are not applicable to loans currently being provided for small businesses with a Business Number.
Small businesses with a Business Number will be able to update their Direct Deposit information through their business portal. Payments Canada will circulate CRA’s link to ‘my business’ account where business can sign up.
Q4: Why should I sign up for direct deposit?
Direct deposit allows you to access your money faster and is more convenient as your payment will not be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather. It is reliable and your payment will always be deposited on time in your account.
For those eligible for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, we encourage you to sign up for direct deposit with us as soon as possible to receive your benefit payments on time.
Q5: Will I still receive cheques if I sign up for direct deposit?
No. Once you are enrolled for direct deposit, you will receive CRA payments such as benefits, credits and refunds directly to your account.
Q6: What payments can I receive through direct deposit?
If you are eligible, you can receive your Canada Emergency Response Benefit payments directly to your bank account.
You can also receive payments such as your income tax refund, benefits and credits such as the Canada child benefit (CCB), the goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, Canada workers benefit (CWB), and provincial and territorial payments such as the Ontario Trillium Benefit (OTB).
Q7: Is it safe to sign up for direct deposit?
- To facilitate your direct deposit enrolment with the CRA:
- The CRA requires your name, bank account information, date of birth and social insurance number (SIN).
- Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited will provide to the CRA your name and bank account information as set out above, as well as the date of birth and SIN that we have on file for you.
- Once the CRA has completed your direct deposit enrolment, the Receiver General will deposit any amounts to be paid to you by the CRA.
The Government of Canada considers privacy and security of utmost importance in the issuance of payments. Any information you provide to the Government of Canada when you enrol for direct deposit is protected under the Government of Canada Privacy Act and as described in Receiver General Payments (Personal Information Bank PWGSC PCU 712).
Q8: How do I register for direct deposit through the Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited?
Check out our website www.brunocu.com where you can access a form which will simply and securely transmit your details to CRA.
Q9: What should I do if direct deposit enrolment is not yet available through my financial institution?
We will have direct deposit enrolment available to our customers by [insert date/timeframe]. You can also sign up for direct deposit and enter your bank details through CRA’s My Account online or by using the MyCRA and MyBenefits CRA apps from your mobile device. For more information, go to canada.ca/cra-direct-deposit.
Q10: How long will it take to process my direct deposit enrolment or update through my financial institution?
Once you provide consent for your banking information to be shared with the CRA, your direct deposit information will be updated by your financial institution the following day. The CRA aims to process your direct deposit enrolment or information updates in one or two business days. Given the current environment, you may experience longer than usual processing times once the CRA receives your information from your financial institution.
Q11: What information do I have to provide to the Bruno Savings and Credit Union to sign up?
Your financial institution will provide to the CRA your name and bank account information, as well as the date of birth and SIN that we have on file for you.
Q12: How will I know that my direct deposit information has been updated?
If you are fully registered for CRA’s My Account, you can verify your direct deposit information through this online self-service portal.
Q13: How do I know that I have received my direct deposit payment from the CRA?
You can verify that the payment has been received by checking your banking statement on the account you used to sign up for direct deposit. Your payment amount will be deposited directly into the account.
You can also confirm that the payment was sent by the CRA by logging into CRA’s My Account.
Fraud prevention: The CRA or your financial institution will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided. If you submit multiple requests to update your direct deposit information, the most recent enrolment you complete will become the account on file with the CRA. Direct deposits will only be made into one account, at one financial institution.
- To facilitate your direct deposit enrolment with the CRA:
- Please note if you have any further questions or concerns simply contact the Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited at 306-369-2901 (Bruno office) or 306-654-2033 (Prud’homme office).
Electronic Services Agreement
Click here to read through our new Electronic Services Agreement effective December 14th, 2020…..