Depositing cheques is a snap.
With Deposit Anywhere™, you can quickly and securely deposit cheques using the Bruno Credit Union’s mobile app on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere, day or night.
So whether you’re at coffee with friends, at work or staying up late to get your banking done – any time is the right time to deposit cheques.
Here’s how it works:
- Simply open the app
- Tap “Deposit”
- Select your account and enter the amount
- Snap a photo of the front and back of your cheque
- Confirm the details and tap “submit”. That’s it. The funds immediately appear in your account. Normal hold periods still apply.
- Remember to write “deposited via mobile app” and the date on the bottom of the cheque.
Free, Fast & Secure.
Deposit Anywhere™ is a free service and just as secure as depositing your cheque through the ATM. Plus, it’s fast. Most people complete their deposit in less than a minute and can do it from anywhere at any time.
For more details visit www.depositanywhere.ca.
2 Step Verification for Online Banking:
At the Bruno Credit Union your online security is a top priority. Therefore, we will be implementing a new layer of security to the way that you login to your online banking called 2 Step Verification.
What is 2 Step Verification?
2 Step Verification is used to confirm your identity by sending you a code via SMS or email that you must enter before continuing into your online banking.
What are the steps to setup 2 Step Verification?
- Login to your online banking. The login screen will look a little different.
- Complete the Enable 2 Step Verification enrolment screen when prompted.
- Enter your preferred email address or mobile phone number to receive your verification code. If available, we recommend that you use a mobile phone number as it is considered the most secure way.
- Enter the verification code sent to you.
You will be provided with a short grace period after we launch 2 Step Verification where you will be able to defer enrolment. After the grace period it will become mandatory.
Note: If you have Touch/Face ID or QuickView enabled then you will need to reconfiqure these settings after setting up 2 Step Verification.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will I get prompted for a verification code every time I login?
No. You will not be required to enter a code every time you login, but will be prompted during higher risk logins (ie a login from a different location).
Can I register both SMS and email for 2 Step Verification?
Yes. During the initial enrollment you can register only one, but once you are enrolled you can add or change your contact information. This can be done by going to the Profiles and Preferences screen.
Is 2 Step Verification more secure than the challenge questions?
Yes. The challenge questions can become less effective over time as fraudsters often know how to find the answers to them. Also, the verification codes are only valid for 10 minutes.
CRA Direct Deposit for Business
Sign up for direct deposit now to ensure your benefit payments arrive sooner!
We can help you sign up for direct deposit or update your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). We encourage you to use direct deposit to avoid any delays and receive your payments faster. You can receive these CRA payments through direct deposit:
- income tax refund
- Canada child benefit
- goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- Canada workers benefit
- related provincial and territorial payments
Direct Deposit through a Financial Institution
- The Government of Canada has partnered with Canadian financial institutions, including Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited to offer Canada Revenue Canada (CRA) direct deposit enrolment online through our website.
- You can now sign up for CRA direct deposit or change your account information via our website www.brunocu.com.
- Once you provide consent through Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited for your banking information to be shared with the CRA, your direct deposit information will be updated the following day.
- If you aren’t already registered for the CRA’s digital services, signing up for direct deposit or changing your account information through us is easy and secure!
- Canadian taxpayers are eligible for the direct deposit enrolment service. If an individual has never filed a tax return with the CRA, they are not eligible to sign up for the CRA direct deposit service through their financial institution.
- The direct deposit service is strictly for individuals using their SIN to register.
- Small businesses with a Business Number will be able to update their Direct Deposit information through their CRA business portal. Payments Canada will circulate CRA’s link to ‘my business’ account where business can sign up.
- You can verify that a payment has been received by checking your banking statement on the account you used to sign up for direct deposit. Your payment amount will be deposited directly into the account.
- You can also confirm that the payment was sent by the CRA by logging into CRA’s My Account.
- Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited or the CRA will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided.
- Direct deposit helps reduce the risk of mail fraud and delays caused by a postal disruption. We can now offer this enrolment service to you, giving you the ability to simply and securely transmit your direct deposit enrolment information to the CRA when you log onto our online banking. You will then be able to receive the following CRA payments through direct deposit: income tax refund, Canada child benefit, goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit and related provincial and territorial payments.
Frequently asked Questions & Answers
Q1: What is a direct deposit payment?
Direct deposit is a secure electronic transfer of funds deposited directly into your account at the Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited. Direct deposit replaces the need to issue payments by paper cheque.
Q2: Who is eligible to enroll in the direct deposit service through financial institutions?
Canadian taxpayers. If an individual has never filed a tax return with the CRA, they are not eligible to sign up for the CRA direct deposit service through their financial institution.
Q3: Why is direct deposit enrolment only available to individuals and not businesses?
The direct deposit service is strictly for individuals using their SIN to register.
Q4: Why should I sign up for direct deposit?
Direct deposit allows you to access your money faster and is more convenient as your payment will not be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather. It is reliable and your payment will always be deposited on time in your account.
For those eligible for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit, we encourage you to sign up for direct deposit with us as soon as possible to receive your benefit payments on time.
Q5: Will I still receive cheques if I sign up for direct deposit?
No. Once you are enrolled for direct deposit, you will receive CRA payments such as benefits, credits and refunds directly to your account.
Q6: What payments can I receive through direct deposit?
If you are eligible, you can receive your Canada Emergency Response Benefit payments directly to your bank account.
You can also receive payments such as your income tax refund, benefits and credits such as the Canada child benefit (CCB), the goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, Canada workers benefit (CWB), and provincial and territorial payments such as the Ontario Trillium Benefit (OTB).
Q7: Is it safe to sign up for direct deposit?
- To facilitate your direct deposit enrolment with the CRA:
- The CRA requires your name, bank account information, date of birth and social insurance number (SIN).
- Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited will provide to the CRA your name and bank account information as set out above, as well as the date of birth and SIN that we have on file for you.
- Once the CRA has completed your direct deposit enrolment, the Receiver General will deposit any amounts to be paid to you by the CRA.
The Government of Canada considers privacy and security of utmost importance in the issuance of payments. Any information you provide to the Government of Canada when you enrol for direct deposit is protected under the Government of Canada Privacy Act and as described in Receiver General Payments (Personal Information Bank PWGSC PCU 712).
Q8: How do I register for direct deposit through the Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited?
Check out our website www.brunocu.com where you can access a form which will simply and securely transmit your details to CRA.
Q9: What should I do if direct deposit enrolment is not yet available through my financial institution?
We will have direct deposit enrolment available to our customers by [insert date/timeframe]. You can also sign up for direct deposit and enter your bank details through CRA’s My Account online or by using the MyCRA and MyBenefits CRA apps from your mobile device. For more information, go to canada.ca/cra-direct-deposit.
Q10: How long will it take to process my direct deposit enrolment or update through my financial institution?
Once you provide consent for your banking information to be shared with the CRA, your direct deposit information will be updated by your financial institution the following day. The CRA aims to process your direct deposit enrolment or information updates in one or two business days. Given the current environment, you may experience longer than usual processing times once the CRA receives your information from your financial institution.
Q11: What information do I have to provide to the Bruno Savings and Credit Union to sign up?
Your financial institution will provide to the CRA your name and bank account information, as well as the date of birth and SIN that we have on file for you.
Q12: How will I know that my direct deposit information has been updated?
If you are fully registered for CRA’s My Account, you can verify your direct deposit information through this online self-service portal.
Q13: How do I know that I have received my direct deposit payment from the CRA?
You can verify that the payment has been received by checking your banking statement on the account you used to sign up for direct deposit. Your payment amount will be deposited directly into the account.
You can also confirm that the payment was sent by the CRA by logging into CRA’s My Account.
Fraud prevention: The CRA or your financial institution will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided. If you submit multiple requests to update your direct deposit information, the most recent enrolment you complete will become the account on file with the CRA. Direct deposits will only be made into one account, at one financial institution.
- To facilitate your direct deposit enrolment with the CRA:
- Please note if you have any further questions or concerns simply contact the Bruno Savings and Credit Union Limited at 306-369-2901 (Bruno office) or 306-654-2033 (Prud’homme office).
Electronic Services Agreement
Click here to read through our new Electronic Services Agreement effective December 14th, 2020…..